ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K1W1 55
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Viewfinder bugs
10 months ago

Has anyone struck this before I wonder.

Today I drove to the next city up the line to try my new macro light rig on the Butterflies in the Dunedin Butterfly House. Mucked up though as I messed about far too long before leaving (I just love sleep too much I guess ) so ended the 2 1/2 plus hour drive at about 1.00pm by which time the butterflies had mainly all headed up to the roof so didn't take many photos or particularly good ones.But I was also up there to look at a motor cycle exhibition so all good.

I noticed some out of focus small insects moving about in my field of view and thought ohh some have landed on my lens (was using the 35mm with EC-14 btw).

Nope nothing there, nothing on other end or on the TC must have been wandering around the focusing screen so the dustbuster was no help at all.

Seems I don't carry a blower brush with me so when I got home thought I saw some very small spots on the screen which seem to be all gone after a couple of puffs

As an aside to continue my run of bad luck I drove home via the Southern Senic route so I could take some more shots of the Pourakino Falls. Not a lot of water flow so will not be spectacular but never mind I've walked in so will make do and see what I can do by concentrating on some of the rivulets I thought. This time I had bothered/remembered to carry a tripod, my small tripod so I could take a low stance.

Decided to take some shots from the side first so clambered down over the tree roots and rocks, crash I tripped over, roots and rocks were a bit slippery and I suspect my long sneaker lace may well have assisted here.

E5 went tumbling several times, all ok though except for some dirt, me not got off so lightly. Both wrists hurt from trying to break fall (that's why the E5 dropped), gashed right shin, gashed left wrist, face planted on a rock and cut forehead, bent nose pieces of specs.

Lost interest in falls for a few minutes but eventually took some photos, wasn't as interested in taking several as had been though so didn't bother to dig out the ND filters I had brought with me.

Some days staying at home, reading long in bed may well be a better plan.

-- hide signature --

Some Slideshows of a wee bit of my work, more to be added if I ever sort out my music rights issues.
http://www.youtube.com/user/truder55/videos

K1W1 55's gear list:K1W1 55's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 +21 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow