What lens caps are you guys using?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
1llusive
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Re: What lens caps are you guys using?
In reply to Cliff Fujii, 6 months ago

Cliff Fujii wrote:

The Op/Tech Fast Cap doesn't work with the lens hoods that I have. The diameter of the cap is a little larger than the diameter of the lens barrel but too large to fit inside a lens hood. I typically don't use lens hoods as the lenses I use are flare resistant. Since the flap is adjustable, it is possible to use it to block the sun from your glass. I find that I can draw the camera, flip open the Fast Cap and take the photograph so I have many less missed opportunities. I try not to use the quick draw approach to photograph that I learned in my PJ days in the 60s. I usually take the time to compose before shooting but some times, you just have to react.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

I use lens hoods for protection. That way if I bang it against something it just hits the hood. I'm normally not concerned too much with flare but that's an added bonus.

1llusive's gear list:1llusive's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Samyang 16mm f/2.0 ED AS UMC CS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow