Faked DSLR - A new trend for the mirrorless.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,058Gear list
Like?
Re: What other shape do you want it to be?
In reply to Dennis, 10 months ago

Dennis wrote:

Dennis wrote:

I find the retro dials very appealing, but the twin dials on my DSLR (and recent film SLRs before them) to be much more practical for controlling the camera while looking through the VF. So while the Df may be the dentists camera, the Fuji is still something of a hipster camera

BTW, I admit I haven't looked carefully at the new Fuji - for all I know, it may have twin dials as well ... though then you get into the ugly situation where the dialed in aperture on the lens doesn't accurately show the setting ... it's tough to go "hybrid". Electronic aperture and camera control works well; aperture control via lens works well; trying to do both in the same system gets kludgy.

Look closely. It does have two wheels. One on the grip, one on the back, just like on "modern" DSLRs.

But you're right about the wheels not agreeing with the viewfinder.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow