Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digitcallous
Regular MemberPosts: 249
Like?
FZ200 is great, but my technique is lacking
9 months ago

I got my FZ200 a few weeks ago and have been learning how to use it. Here are a couple of close up shots that showed me that the camera gives great detail, but I can use some critique on my technique.

In the first picture I deliberately left a portion of the shot without particular visual interest, thinking that may make make the picture better, but I'm not sure it was successful.

On the second picture, when I finally looked at the shot on my monitor, I noticed that the white flower is not completely in focus. I am wondering whether I should have increased the F-stop to get more depth of field. On the other hand, I personally kind of like it that it is not in absolute focus. Either way, the focusing of this shot come out more by accident than by plan. I am looking for some advice on how to recognize how the shot will turn out.

I haven't been able to spend much time with the FZ200, but I'm liking the result.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow