Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RayUK
Contributing MemberPosts: 991Gear list
Like?
Auto-bracketing on travel zooms eg TZ55/60
10 months ago

By travel zooms I mean the pocketable variety like the TZ range.

Wonderful though my FZ200 is, it has always been slightly too much of a compromise for me because of it's size and weight. I have now satisfied my need for better portraits by buying a G6 body for £260 plus a 14-45 lens for £65, so now I'm looking to replace the long zoom capability of the FZ200 with something pocketable for every day use.

However, a recent enthusiasm is HDR photography. I use EasyHDR, which, like Photomatix, prefers using 3 bracketed images, each 2 stops apart. The FZ200 is perfect for this. To my dismay I find that the auto-bracketing function on both last and this years TZ's is only 1 stop apart. The Olympus versions are the same and I can't find a specification for Sony.

Although it's nice to have a common interface, I am quite willing to try other brands - any suggestions or workarounds?

Ray

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS35 (TZ55)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow