Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterTX
Contributing MemberPosts: 680Gear list
Like?
Took the leap of faith and ordered it!
5 months ago

I just ordered EM1 and the 12-40 today before the rebate ended after agonizing for quite some time. (Yes I pixel peeped, a lot!).  Even though I looked at the Fuji and liked the pictures in the end the great AF on the EM1 and IBIS won me over. Pretty much every shot I took with the EM1 in the store was sharp and not so much for the EX-2. Sure if I could have the high ISO of Canon 6D in the EM1 body would have been even better but I think it will be good enough for me.

Can't wait for it to turn up! To me the camera itself felt so great and right which I didn't get from trying the other cams.

Now the question is which zoom? After seeing a picture of the 40-150 2.8 I knew it wasn't for me. But should I go for the 40-150 or the Panasonic 45-200? The current rebate on the 40-150 makes it a great bargain at $119 although then I might be tempted to get the 100-300 or 75-300 down the road. If I pick the 45-200 then I think that would be it.

How do they compare?

I could see myself maybe getting one good prime as well down the line but with the 12-40 I feel I have my bases covered except for the tele photo so hence I need to decide If am to order the Olympus 40-150 while the rebate is in effect.

Thanks for reading me long rant. Really happy I finally made a decision!

:P)

PeterTX's gear list:PeterTX's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow