Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
darkdirtydwarf
Contributing MemberPosts: 711Gear list
Like?
Focus peaking works in AF + LA-EA4 + Minolta AF; NOT with SAL35F18
8 months ago

Can anyone please tell me why focus peaking works in AF mode with Minolta AF lenses mounted on the LA-EA4 on the A7, but with the SAL35F18 doesn't?

Focus peaking has been extremely helpful to check whether my old lenses have front or back-focus problems, and surprisingly enough, they don't show the issues I got used to on my A55 (my 100mm macro lens on the A55 is WAY off...). I even wonder if the LA-EA4 calibrates itself using focus peaking.

Anyway, my question is: why doesn't this happen with the SAL35F18?This is the only lens that seems to have issues wide open when used on the A7 (it covers almost the full frame, so I wanted to see if I can use it as a temporary stopgap).

Does anyone know if it possible to activate focus peaking in AF mode with this lens? Does anyone have SAL lenses that have focus peaking on while in AF mode?

darkdirtydwarf's gear list:darkdirtydwarf's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow