Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Appy Mark
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
X-Series and Landscape Photography
6 months ago

Well, I've done it. I ordered the XT-1 today from B&H. I'm excited and a bit nervous as well. I shoot mostly landscapes and some portraits. On various sites I've read that the X-series sensor doesn't do particularly well with greens and it makes me wonder if I'm going to be happy with the XT1 for landscapes. Still, I haven't been happy with my Nikon D7000, with noise beginning at ISO 400 and in terms of resolution, it's been a disappointment. I'm tired of lugging around so much bulk and I'm hoping that going mirrorless will inspire me to take the camera with me on more outings and vacations.

So my question... What's your experience with the 'green issue' - is it overstated or a real problem? Pixel peaking on the dpreview test shots, I can see the softness in the green areas when comparing various cameras. For those who shoot landscapes has this presented an issue or been a cause of concern? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Appy Mark's gear list:Appy Mark's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +3 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow