So much for the EVF being insufficient for action.....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
enemjii
Senior MemberPosts: 1,109Gear list
Like?
Re: Optics vs Electronics - how about an EV replacement for glasses?
In reply to Greg A A, 7 months ago

Greg A A wrote:

Many people don't want to look at the world they are photographing through a small TV set. Try replacing someone's glasses with an electronic viewing screen. Why doesn't Google just replace the entire glasses with an electronic screen? This is why many people prefer their OVF.

Theoretically, what you see on mirror is not what is captured on Sensor because the sensor is not emulating a mirror. They are 2 different technologies. You may think you like what you see in a mirror, but when it hits the sensor, it is different. Couple of days back, I was composing a bokeh on a Canon EOS 100D/SL1, and I was excited with what I saw on the mirror, snapped the picture and when I preview it, it is completely different.

In other words, I like looking at the mirror, but would have the electronics companies come up with an EVF rather quickly that shows me what the sensor sees, and will capture.

enemjii's gear list:enemjii's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow