Flat view
nandbytes
Senior MemberPosts: 3,085Gear list
Like?
Window shopping stories - A7, A77, 70-400mm and more
9 months ago

Actual intention was to try out a few camera bags <- profusely failed at this

A7/r:

Tried these and they are excellent. The EVF and manual focussing is awesome with peaking and it auto zooms in so you focus precisely on something. But changing lenses can be a pain on this, I get dust on my SLTs easily, I can't imaging how bad it would be on A7 when the sensor is in your face! (now I know why they show people changing lenses high up, coz on earth its no good )

These are apparently "flying out of the door" and the 35mm FE prime is constantly sold out becoz of the demand.

A77:

Someone bought one in the first shop I went to (yay!). In the second shop the sales rep was talking about it and he said - "the EVF is not as good as the OVF". At this point I interjected. They moved on to nikon and didn't buy anything but I must say I was really disappointed with the way the sales rep sold Sony (it was almost like - "you can buy this if you want it will take pictures but look at this flashy nikon instead coz I own it").

The sales of alphas was "slow but they are still selling ok".

But A99 was particularly slow... (I wonder why! cough***overpriced***cough...)

70-400:

PIA to handhold but cool lens what more can I say

All 3 shops had sony sections (as well displayed as canikon, in fact sony part was the most attractive in one shop as they had a huge lego model of the Tower bridge in London!) and all current alphas were on display:

As far as bags went none of them had the ones I wanted to try out and the shop that did have it was closed

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow