Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
A200Eric
Senior MemberPosts: 1,247Gear list
Like?
Question on Walk Around/Travel Lens
8 months ago

Hi everyone. I'm a Canon shooter (7D) and plan on picking up a GX7 for an upcoming trip to Italy. I do not want to lug around my normal kit as I will be going with my family and while pictures are very important, they are not the priority (sigh).

Since I have no previous experience with m4/3 other than the hours or reading and research I've done, I wanted to get some recommendations on a 2 lens kit. I'm going to either pick up the Panny 20mm or teh Olympus 17mm 1.8, but I was also looking for a good walk around zoom. I would really like the 12-40 or the 12-35 2.8 but since this is not my primary system I can't justify $1k.

Is the IQ of the 14-140 decent? I have read mixed reviews. Or should I just stick with the kit for the outdoor shots and the fast prime for indoor? So I guess I'm asking 14-140 plus prime or kit lens plus prime? I realize the fairly significant cost implications of the 14-140, but if the IQ is good I may go that route. I do have to say though that I am not a big fan of super zooms...at least the DSLR variety.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Eric

-- hide signature --
 A200Eric's gear list:A200Eric's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +7 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow