carl english
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,136Gear list
Like?
Re: Every real photographer
In reply to canonagain123, 11 months ago

canonagain123 wrote:

carl english wrote:

AlphaTikal wrote:

But we are not speaking about Dynamic Range and other limitations. I was quoting and holding against "SHARPNESS" only.

-- hide signature --

· http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackhole_eater/
· (All photos are creative common licensed. Check them out.)
· English is not my native language.

Those who believe raw is heaven sent always bring in Dynamic Range and of course HEADROOM

Wants as much DR as they can capture, even the best cameras today still have a pathetic DR when you consider what's really possible! You are incredibly old, so maybe your eyes are happy with the lower DR, maybe your eyes can't see more DR than your camera JPG! Photography (besides copywork and some documenting) isn't about being photorealistic (pun intended), but it's also not about constraining to what can be done with a camera to something less than was possible with b&w film 50 years ago! If you really think we should go back in time and not make the best of the relatively amazing cameras we have today, there is something seriously wrong with you, and I'm not saying this as a personal attack, I'm saying this as a wakeup call! Wake up and smell today's possibilities and use them! A lot of photographic techniques were invented 70, 60, 50, 40 years ago, ETTR is the technique of today for digital cameras, use it or go back to film if you don't want digital cameras for what they can really do!

as expected you are doing it again, I am not attacking raw or the users of raw my argument is with people like you who constantly condemn those that happen to prefer jpeg and as I've pointed out so many times but happy to say it again, a high percentage of Pro's use jpeg and a very high percentage of amateurs also, an even higher percentage do not understand or not even heard of DR, so settle down keep on taken pics get on your PC open PS or LR and make those images the best you can so you can then post them on the web at very low res in case someone steals them.

carl english's gear list:carl english's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D70
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow