Senior MemberPosts: 4,735
Like?
Re: Exposure is often different, so yes
In reply to carl english, 6 months ago

carl english wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

carl english wrote:

try harder with your exposures.

No, I am often meticulous about my exposures. You on the other hand are clearly not because you accept underexposure as part of the price of only shooting JPEG. Maybe you should try harder to understand what others are telling you.

You must get off that pedestal Tony,

You first. Keep in mind that you are the one who wrote the condescending remark about my not being able to avoid blowing highlights due to some alleged carelessness.

yes we can see you have spent lots of money on equipment and would like to spend more

You have no clue really. I have bought gear and sold it as well. Anyway, that has nothing to do with the question of shooting Raw or not.

(not happy with results eh?)

My walls are full of results that I'm perfectly happy with.

If you read my first post and many others over the years

No, I haven't bothered reading your posts. The only reason I'm replying to you is that you started replying to me.

I stated there is not a good argument against using raw,

I can think of a couple. Depends on the circumstances.

problem with you and others is you poo poo those who choose not to use it

The thing is I do not "poo poo those who choose not to use it;" what I am critical of is those that wrongly accuse me of using Raw as some sort of crutch.

and I simply point out that a high % do not choose to use raw which includes the Pro guys,

Do not include all the "Pro guys" among the JPEG only shooters, that is far from true. Like I said above, there are reasons to choose JPEG; however, there are also reasons to choose Raw. The point being made here by myself and others is that "correct" exposure with Raw and JPEG are not necessarily the same and are in fact often different by about a stop.

ask a 100 photographers what's headroom or dr and you will get a blank look.

Are you counting yourself among those 100 photographers? Are you counting everyone or anyone participating in this thread among those 100 photographers? Frankly, I wouldn't trust someone as a photographer if they didn't know what those two terms meant, just as I wouldn't trust them if they didn't understand exposure values, DOF, etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow