Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
threed123
Contributing MemberPosts: 793
Like?
*** Mini-Challenge #414 - Winners ***
6 months ago

Thanks to all the entrants. I didn't realize how hard picking the winners would be, but here goes. I added my comments in ( )s. To me it's about composition and emotion. You might see it differently. There were lots of pics that were worthy of HM, but here are three that stood out among the winners.

Honorable Mentions:

RLBur - Madison's chair and play - station awaits her.   (Good lighting from high left. Let the fun begin.)

PhotoDoug - In The Square  (Good rule of thirds, color and invoking sense of waiting for someone with a musical instrument to come outside and play.)

Sueanne - Before the wedding. (The lighting and composition gave me a foreboding, empty feeling of what should be a wonderful event).

THIRD PLACE

zenfr2009 - Café Oz  (Good use of color and mystery--word OZ inspires wonderment--yellow chairs invoke thoughts of the yellow brick road.)

SECOND PLACE

StephenBW - Table for one.  (Good use of rule of thirds, color and time. You just know that in 45 minutes, this chair will be occupied.)

AND THE WINNER IS.......

SueK - Dock Chair and Boat   (Good use of an eye line from the boat bottom into the waiting chair. Also the use of choice--will it be canoeing today or just sitting and lounging. And what is the peaceful water scenery that I can't see?)

The baton is handed to Sue K for the next challenge--good luck Sue.

Thank you,  threed123 (Bob)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow