ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rono007
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
New 70D Looking For Sling/Messenger Type Bag
8 months ago

I'm a new 70D and novice starting up.

I received a Ruggard Commando bag free with my DSLR purchase this week, and it's not working well at all.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/981165-REG/ruggard_psb_136b_commando_36_dslr_shoulder.html

What I'm looking for is some suggestions to look at in shopping for a new bag. I'd like it to be "sling" or "messenger" so I can wear it easily at sporting events and walking with the family. I'd also like to store the camera with an attached lens so it can be removed easily and ready to shoot when the moment occurs.

In the bag I want to hold my Canon 70D with the attached 18-135, hold my 70-300, a couple of filters, 2 lens hoods, an extra battery, wall charger, and some SD cards.

With some research, I I like the Lowepro Sling or a Tarmac Velocity. The LP Transit 250 can fit an iPad as well and so can the Z Series Tarmac Velocity bags. The iPad would be a nice touch (laptop would be better, but then we get heavy).

Since the LP Transit doesn't seem to store an attached zoom with quick accessibility, I'm leaning Velocity Z.

Does anyone have any experience with the Tarmac Velocity Series bags?

I know a bag is a personal thing, but I only have a Best Buy nearby (no camera shops) and some suggestions on what has been working for you may point me to something I have overlooked since there are so many choices out there.

Again, thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Rono007's gear list:Rono007's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot D20 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow