Faked DSLR - A new trend for the mirrorless.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,784Gear list
Like?
Re: What other shape do you want it to be?
In reply to MoreorLess, 10 months ago

Well, I want it to be in the middle so I can engage the camera with both hands without my cheekbone/the side of my face interfering with one of my hands.  And, yes, part of it is habit and familiarity-- I have been shooting with center viewfinder cameras all in my life, so that's what seems right to me.

That said,  I agree that  mirrorless technology offers a great deal of flexibility in camera design.  A trend that could easily develop from the present situation would be for manufactures to develop both side viewfinder "rangefinder style" and center viewfinder "DSLR style" camera bodies (and perhaps others we can't even imagine today) which would share sensors and other parts as well as a lens mount and a common pool of lenses. The current situation  in the micro 4/3rds world might be a model for this, with camera bodies in a wide variety of styles, sizes and feature sets and a large selection of lenses from both the camera body manufacturers and third parties.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow