The Olympus E-M1, Fujifilm X-T1, or Sony NEX-6?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
The Olympus E-M1, Fujifilm X-T1, or Sony NEX-6?
8 months ago

Hello,

Just trying to get some opinions on a few cameras I'm interested in possibly getting/keeping. I currently have the sony NEX 6 and I really like it but I'm just worried about the future lens map with the system. It seems Sony has stalled on getting out some new lenses. So with that in mind, I'm looking at possibly switching companies. I want to stay in the mirrorless system as I really enjoy the smaller size cameras compared to traditional DSLRs. I really actually like the looks of the new Fujifilm X-T1 and was thinking about that. I know they currently have even fewer lenses than Sony but they have announced a roadmap of some really good lenses set to release this year. Also, the APS-C sensor is still there and I think that's a huge plus.

Now, my other possible choice would be the Olympus E-M1. This is the one that i'm just not 100% sure of for a few reasons. Obviously the 4/3 sensor is an impact on my decision. As I've never used one, I don't know what they are like. So for the E-M1 owners out there, how is the sensor performance compared to and APS-C Sensor? What's the DOV, high iso, etc. like on it? and more importantly to me, hows the color rendition with it? I see rave reviews about the E-M1 but when I look at pictures on flickr, etc. I just see "ok" images and it worries me a little. I should also mention that "if" I buy the E-M1, I would also buy the 12-40mm PRO lens for it as well to get the most out of it and those images are just WOW! Plus the E-M1 has a LOT of lens choices.

So I'm just wondering what other users would recommend? Should I stick with the NEX6 from Sony? Switch to the APS-C Fujifilm X-T1, or take a chance with the Olympus OMD E-M1?

As always, any helpful opinions and information are appreciated!

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow