Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,263Gear list
Like?
Re: To Florida and brick33308
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, 7 months ago

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

Perhaps the OP is starting to question the effectiveness of C&C in defining his own values in the art. Another good/big step for him.

Actually, this thread has reinforced, for me, the value of hearing the opinions of those more experienced than me.

If the weather cooperates I will be shooting photos tonight and there are several things that I will be doing differently from what I would normally do. Things that I don't know if I would have ever changed if I just kept shooting on my own, and judging my work on my own, without this kind of critique.

My sincere thanks to all those who have offered their critique. Including those who offered an opinion that differed from a previous poster and those that confirmed what was said in previous posts.

I am confident that I will have no trouble developing my own style after I have learned some of the basic concepts that were expressed to me these past few days. I plan to build a solid foundation of accepted knowledge. Then I can decide which guidelines I will choose to break, and when, in coming to terms with who I will become as a photographer.

I expect it to be an exciting and enjoyable journey and I hope some will enjoy following me as I progress and that they will continue to help guide me.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow