Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
simondo71
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Advance From RAW To Straight-From-Camera Jpegs
6 months ago

This could sound strange but I am thinking about shooting only straight-from-camera jpeg for a couple of upcoming jobs.

I shot raw in the whole time I had my D300 but for the last two years with my x-Pro1 I shoot raw + jpeg but never need to post process raw files anymore. I am getting the results I want straight-from-camera without having to spend hours processing.

The problem is I don't know whether I'm good enough of a photographer to be shooting straight-from-camera jpeg.

The safest way would be to shoot raw or raw + jpeg but I am tired of the overhead and if I pulled off a job with only straight-from-camera shots it would be killer convenient and a great boon for my client.

I am sold on the X-T1 and will get one which should also produce glorious jpeg images which means the question will come up more and more for me.

Lately I am left wondering why bother with raw at all anymore. Has this been a question anyone else has had to ponder?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow