Faked DSLR - A new trend for the mirrorless.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 13,469
Like?
Re: Absolutely correct!
In reply to socode, 11 months ago

socode wrote:

Glen Barrington wrote:

Actually, yes, it IS a fake rangefinder since THEY use prisms as well as using simple geometry to find the distance when focusing.

If you believe any EVF is a fake something, it's getting well up the ridiculous scale. The EVF assembly needs only electronic linkage so it could be anywhere, except it would be a fairly poor usability choice to put it at the bottom pointing back, pointing up, down or pointing to the front & obscuring the lens.

Actually I don't believe that at all.  I have no problem with "fake" anything as long as the quality is there.  But I DO believe words have meaning, and calling a rectangular camera with the EVF on the top left of the camera a "rangefinder" is silly, there is NO ability of any such camera that I'm aware of that can actually FIND the range!  I'm quite comfortable with calling it a rangefinder style camera, I'm comfortable with coming up with a new name.  But it is NOT a rangefinder camera.

And if someone  can find a believable reason why the recent MILCs are shaped like DSLRs (actually, I think I have come up with two such reasons, but I can't prove them) I'm willing to stop calling that hump, a fake pentaprism housing.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Fine Art Flyover Country:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2505841@N22

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow