Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D TONG
Senior MemberPosts: 2,477
Like?
FF at long last for Pentax lenses from Sony
7 months ago

I think at long last there is a rebirth of K mount manual lenses because of the advent of the new Sony Alpha 7 camera.
I have been playing with it for an hour with an old Canon FD lens 50mm F1.4 and the result is stunning.
With a 3” display it is like using the viewfinder of 645 except that it is 4 times bigger (at least).
Also it is full frame, period.
I have just ordered an adapter for K mount lenses (for that I have a few manual/AF lensese). I cannot wait to mount it on my FA28mm ,Zenitor 16mm and A*300mm full frame.
And for those with M42 lenses there are a few adapters as well
This is a prelim report as I am currently in Austin, Texas. I will post some images later on.
One negative point is that the Alpha camera does not provide in camera IS – a break from earlier models.
With Sony providing full frame for K lens there is no need for Pentax or Ricoh to go for full frame at all. Now I know why Pentax has been dragging on their feet.

-- hide signature --

Daniel, Toronto

Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow