What updates do you want to flow down from the X-T1 in firmware?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
notgoodwithpowertools
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
What updates do you want to flow down from the X-T1 in firmware?
9 months ago

As an X-E2 owner I'm hoping that the supposedly regular X series firmware updates will bring some of the improvements down from the X-T1 release. What would others like to see made available?

My wish list includes:

- The Camera Remote App (for iOS available 23/1 - before the X-T1 announcement) didn't seem to connect with the X-E2. Maybe it was user error but I'm thinking it is only for the X-T1 at this time. I hope they open it up to other wireless X-Series.

- I really like using the AF-L button for a quick one touch focus in manual focus mode but it doesn't seem to be available in S/C focus modes. Is it true the X-T1 has this available for all modes?

- Is it correct that Face Detection can be assigned to a Fn button on the X-T1?

- Could any of the X-T1's Auto-Focus improvements be made available with firmware updates to the X-E2?

It seems like some frequently discussed updates (like colour options for focus peaking) didn't make it to the X-T1 (or did it?) so I would imagine that the improvements that are in the X-T1 would be the most likely to flow down to other models such as the X-E2.

Any others?

A

notgoodwithpowertools's gear list:notgoodwithpowertools's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow