In reply to stevo23, 11 months ago

stevo23 wrote:

captura wrote:

Petroglyph wrote:

MrT-Man wrote:

viking79 wrote:

leo9 wrote:

The 50mm E f1.8 OSS isn't far behind either on NEX-7:

About 15% (probably noticeable), but I wouldn't buy the ZEISS only for APS-C, the point is it covers full frame

Eric

Actually I think I'm about to pull the trigger on the 55mm FE for use on the NEX-7. The SEL50F18 is unquestionably a good lens and I'm not looking for more sharpness. I'm looking for better color/contrast, as I find the 50mm is a little lacking when I compare it to my Zeiss lenses. I'm not convinced that DXOMark scores adequately capture this metric.

Do you use the OSS on the SEL50 much? I'm hoping the 85mm FE will have OSS and have high hopes for the 24-70mm FE (I know it has OSS already). The 55mm is great on the FF cams no argument here.

As good or better a lens would be the Canon EF 85mm f1.8 IS, at about half the price. Smart adapters work very well with this for either NEX or A7.

Really? I've not been overly impressed with that lens.

Really. How much and where have you used it? It's been around for years and is highly considered. What difficulties did you have with it?

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow