Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris59
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,275Gear list
Like?
Re: that's only
In reply to canonagain123, 6 months ago

canonagain123 wrote:

salla30 wrote:

The main reason I keep the jpg's is as a guide to lens corrections.

I don't often compensate using LR, sometimes its good to have the camera corrected JPG handy to guide me to adjust for distortions.

And also in case I need to quickly transfer to tablet or someone else's PC or need to quickly send a jpg off to someone without fiddling with conversions.

Disc space is so cheap these days, why throw out any information you may regret later?

-- hide signature --

only if you shoot JPG in the first place, then you can keep it.

I have lens distortion profiles (perfect correction) for all my lenses in my raw processing software, the distortion can be corrected with one click. I have the same profiles in all my software that supports it, so I can correct it at any point along my workflow, at RAW, tiff, png or jpg stage, whenever I please, or leave it uncorrected, it's just as simple either way. like someone already mentioned, import/developing presets make life a lot easier and raw development quicker.

You forgot to mention that you can apply the same lens corrections with the latest Canon DPP software on old RAW files and improve their image quality too.  Try doing that with 8 year old JPEGs!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow