Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris59
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,448Gear list
Like?
Re: What?
In reply to AlphaTikal, 11 months ago

AlphaTikal wrote:

Chris59 wrote:

Having said this, if you are happy with your JPEGs, then that's fine, but don't expect the images you produce to be as good as your camera and lens can do.

I think, this is an old fact. It depends on the output and what camera and lens you have and the processing. The new JPEG engines are fantastic and doing it right in camera, with almost no intention to post process, there is no reason to use RAW if the scene don't require it. The resolution is the same with both formats. Often, the images aren't better with RAW. But as I said, this depends on scene, setting, camera, processing, style, output... so no generalization is possible.

Not quite.  Resolution is better with JPEGs from post processing rather than in camera.  You don't have to take my word for it, try it for yourself - or better yet, compare JPEG versus RAW on any DSLR on this website.

Don't get me wrong, if JPEG is good enough for you, then that's okay, but you need to see the difference before you decide!

-- hide signature --

· http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackhole_eater/
· (All photos are creative common licensed. Check them out.)
· English is not my native language.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow