Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 3,981Gear list
Like?
Re: To Florida and brick33308
In reply to Jim N'AZ, 6 months ago

Jim N'AZ wrote:

Florida comes back time after time asking for advice

My advice to him would be to back off seeking everyone's opinion

Until he can shoot for his pleasure with some success (because he has no client directing what the final image must be/do) he will forever be mired down trying to please everyone and that is, as we all know, an exercise in futility....

Now that I have settled on the equipment I will use to pursue photography there are many threads on this forum that I find repetitive or of no value to me and I simply ignore them. I do my best to watch for opportunities to share what I have learned about my gear, when I believe it will be of assistance, but spend most of my time reading the threads that discuss photography itself.

It is never my intention to annoy anyone, so if you find my threads in anyway bothersome I beg you to please pass them by on the thread list. On quite a few occasions folks have commented to me both publicly and privately that they appreciate my threads because they learned things from reading them.

Since this particular thread has been popular with others you may not have read all of the messages in it. Earlier I mentioned that I don't take photos to please me, I take them to please others. This thread is serving the purpose for which I started it. It is helping me to learn how I can improve composition, technical use of the camera, post processing, and selection of keepers, so that I can please MORE people with my images than I have been.

I have no illusions that everyone is going to like all of my images anymore than I expect everyone to like me. No one could have time to read all of the messages on this forum but we can choose to read those that give us the most enjoyment and benefit.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow