Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,736
Like?
Re: Exposure is often different, so yes
In reply to Lanidrac, 6 months ago

Lanidrac wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

I routinely apply negative EC in the Raw converter to my photos before sending them to Photoshop for further work. By taking advantage of the extra headroom in the Raw files I get more DR and a bit less noise; when shooting JPEG you have to sacrifice the headroom or the photo ends up being too bright because exposure and every other camera setting is baked into the JPEG file. Consequently, I never shoot Raw+JPEG because the JPEG files are of no use to me.

FYI, you can edit jpegs in certain versions of CSRAW almost with the same amount of headroom of raws by opening the jpegs via Adobe Bridge. You will be surprised at how much can be done (regained) from those jpegs in CSRaw. Much more than editing a jpeg in Pshop alone. It depends on the Raw file version and the version of CSraw with Bridge whether it works or not. Try it.

No thank you.  I have my workflow, it's quick and easy, and I have latitude in many ways that JPEGs cannot do.  If you want to bring us some side-by-side comparisons then by all means do so, then we can investigate your claims.

Check out my photos here... http://www.dpreview.com/members/3344131210/galleries

Checked out your photos, and from what I can see you are in no position to inform me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow