Hosting/online portfolio options? Your experiences?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Hosting/online portfolio options? Your experiences?
6 months ago

I posted this in the Pro forum, but that forum is slow! Some of the most recent messages on the first page are from 2 weeks ago! So I'll post it here to get more opinions:

Tell me about your current hosting plan and any previous experiences. How much do you pay annually, what's included? Unlimited hosting? Unlimited traffic? Domain name? Easy-to-use website editor? Portfolio templates?

Have you switched services? Why? Did your provider suddently introduce unexpected, unwanted changes?

Do you know of any dishonest services with hidden TOS clauses enabling them to, for example, effectively steal your images? (Rights of all uploaded images automatically transferred to the provider on upload clause, for example. If you wonder about this, you'd be surprised by what's out there.) Any bad experiences in general?

Do you use Flickr? What for? Do you have any Getty-licensed images on Flickr? What's your take on Flickr and/or Getty?

Thanks for your input!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow