Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Halwick
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
X-Pro1 or X-T1?
8 months ago

I've been slowly getting into the digital photography using a point-and-shoot Panasonic to supplement my Canon A-1.  With the advent of retro digital cameras like the Olympus EM-5 and EM-1 and more recently, the Fuji X-T1, I'm seriously looking for a digital camera replacement for my old Canon A-1 but would like to continue using the FD-mount lens I have.

Most of my photography is scenery, nature, concerts and occaisional people and action shots. I have a Canon 28mm f/2 prime, 50mm f/1.4 prime, Vivitar 35-85mm f/2.8 zoom, 90-180 f/4.5 mm zoom and a 500mm f/8 mirror lens.  It appears that all my lenses, through an adapter, will give equivalent moderate to extreme telephoto focal range given the 1.5x crop factor.

Combined with the analog controls and the clean uncluttered viewfinder information on the Fujifilm cameras, I'm leaning more and more to Fujifilm cameras.  For quite sometime I've been debating between the XE-1 / XE-2 and X-Pro1.  I like the build quality and hybrid viewfinder on the X-Pro1 better than the XE-1/XE-2.  Eventually I'll get a 14mm or 18mm to get the wideangle covered.

Was thinking of getting a refurbished X-Pro1.  Along comes the X-T1 which is making me rethink.

My questions are:  1) Which camera, X-Pro1 or X-T1 is usable with manual focus lenses, especially those biig heavy Vivitar zoom lenses?  2) Any likelihood of a reduction in price or promotional deals on the X-Pro1 since the X-T1 came out?

Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow