Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
brick33308
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,209
Like?
Re: Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 10 months ago

I have resisted sharing my thoughts on these images because, given our recent exchange, I didn't want you to assume I was influenced by that exchange or even worse carrying any kind of grudge.

However you've received a sufficient number of criticisms so perhaps mine will be received in the constructive spirit I offer it.

Are these horrible photos? No they are not. But is there anything at all special about them? Likewise no there is not. To me they seem like snapshots that people who don't consider themselves photographers (whether pro or, like me, serious amateur) would snap were a point and shoot  thrust into their hands.

As a real photographer (and that is what I think you are judging from some of your other work I've seen) I would expect you would want to put up for display on a forum for and by photographers work that if not your best is nonetheless work that you are truly proud of. And I wonder if that's how you truly feel about these images. If not, then this thread comes across somewhat needy -  desperate for attention. Again, it's not my intent to be rude or inappropriate, but rather to give my honest opinion which you clearly asked for by putting your photos on the forum for the second time with a repackaged request for people to look at them and interact with you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow