Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,714
Like?
Re: Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?
In reply to Lumixdude, 8 months ago

Lumixdude wrote:

You're right in a lot of ways...That's why I initially started out with a 100D in mind with EF-S lenses, but have wandered over here because I can't help the situation Canon is in with sensors. The toss up is size now. If I were to go up to a camera that size I could look at a GX7 or OMD-EM5 which would would end up being a bit more of an initial outlay, but far less restrictive long term. Or I could just jump ship to the dark side and buy a Nikon... But Nikon is evil

To understand the problem fully I'm probably trying to get a CSC to do what a baby DSLR will do and then there's too many trade offs. I should just be happy one way or the other and either just grab the twin kit NEX or buy a proper body.

OK, go with the 3n and twin lens kit and the keep your eye out for a Sigma 19 or 30mm e mount. These will give you IQ right up there with your baby dslr, in fact the 30mm is one of the sharpest lenses around compared to anything at all. They are both quite small and light and give excellent low light results. They were on special at about $100 each. Should you decide you like the Nex form/factor performance, you can, in time step up to the Nex 6 or 7 which have a better control set up, and those Sigma lenses will still perform beautifully for you. Should you decide Nex isn't for you, you wont drop too much on the resale.

If you do go Nex, check the camera guides by Gary Friedman. The Nex controls are fine but they are a bit different if you are coming from another system. His guides are inexpensive and downloadable and they will save you a lot of headscratching and possible frustration.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow