Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
Re: K30 fried after using in rain
In reply to Simon Devlin, 7 months ago

Simon Devlin wrote:

I copied this from another thread just to let you all know the outcome:

"Hello, I received a new K30 body today free of charge!

Pentax said they couldn't fix the fluid damage in the old one.

So cheers to Pentax and Johnsons Photopia (Pentax Sevice UK).

Does this deserve a new thread?

I did think of maybe selling this new unused and getting a K5II as I'll be frightened to use it again in the rain."

I would say consider it...and maybe make that the K5IIs instead.  It will have the odd shot with some moire but the added detail looks to be well worth that potentiality.

Should you sell it I would explain the whole thing about time remaining on warranty, if they can be xfer'd on your side of the pond.  I was also going to see if you are allowed to buy that extra 2-yr extended warranty Pentax sells here in the US.  We have to buy it in the first 30-days (I think it's 30-days?) and it adds 2-yrs additional to ouor 1-yr warranty.  Given the situation maybe they can make an exception for you or maybe you can still extended simply because you are w/i the 2-yr EU warranty period?  Assuming that the UK falls w/i that part of the EU agreements, I know it's an odd relationship between the UK & EU, sometimes it matters other times no...

But your idea is not a bad one if you can swing a K5 out of the deal.

No matter congrats on handling it smoothly and just letting it happen as it should.  And for kicking sand in the face of all those "jail house lawyers" claiming this and that about the wording wrt water damage v. WR...blah-blah-blah...so nice job!

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow