Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?
In reply to hip2, 8 months ago

Given enough time and practice I could probably outgrow most things... I started out way back as a 14 year old kid a long time ago now. My dad gave me the training wheels in how to use Photoshop, I learned that inside and out within a year or two, until a couple years ago I had no idea of how to read light or adjust camera settings, I've out grown one of the better Panaleica cameras on the market with an excellent lens. There's really nothing left for me that I can "recover" or "fix" in post processing.

There's nothing technically flawed in my shooting, understanding a shot, or framing that I can learn about without getting a better camera at this point... The photos I produce will always be what they are because of the camera and not because of what I know/don't know at this point. There is also not much I can learn about depth of field at this point with a camera that really doesn't have any until you're 1 inch from a persons face...

That's what I also hate about being stuck with one lens. Buying a single lens means I get to the point where I am right now, just with a different camera and I haven't gained anything, just another trip sideways, not forwards.

It means buying a new body and not having lenses to go with a new body when I upgrade. It is now time I think to start investing in lenses rather than throwing away money going from one fixed lens camera to the next.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow