Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,242Gear list
Like?
My Dream Bridge Camera Super Zoom
8 months ago

I will take a body like the Samsung WB2200F, but with tripod mount that does not interfere with the Battery door, SD Card door or any other opening.

2/3 sensor like the Fuji XS-1 but with 14 MP and back lit.

Super Fast Processor from the Fuji XT-1, or Olympus OMD EM-1, or Panasonic GX7.

24-600 equivalent lens like the FZ 200 at f2.8 (I don't want to hear about physics from the engineers, the sensor isn't that much bigger and for every poor engineer who says it cant be done, there is a rich one who got it done! Also this is a dream so don't ruin it!)

But in addition the lens, there needs to be a single unit collapsible 2.0X Tele converter and adapter tube that extends the reach to 1200mm Equiv at f2.8. I will compromise on 1.7X though for 1000ish MM equivalent.

I want the Viewfinder from the Fuji XT-1 with Focus peaking etc. But it needs to flip up like the GX7 and Samsung WB2200F.

Needs to have a the Red Dot / Green Dot site built in like the Olympus SP-100EE but ability to change the look and color.

Needs to have a 3 inch Touch LCD with about 1.3 million pixels.

Super Fast contrast Auto focus with phase detect on the sensor as well.

Face Detection and Touch Focus.

Needs to be waterproof and dust proof, freeze proof, and hardened. Similar too the Fuji S-1 and Sony RX10.

Needs a huge buffer and 7 fps with full Autofocus.

The lens can be electric zoom but I want a one button press quick to full zoom.

I want GPS and Wifi,

Shoots in .Raw again with huge buffer.

TTL Flash that will command the Olympus/Panasonic Flashes wirelessly.

1/4000 Shutter and flash sync to 1/4000, this is easy with a leaf shutter and fixed lens. My Ricoh does this.

In camera .Raw conversion and every effect able to be applied to the .Raw or Jpeg. Sort of like the Ricoh GR.

Built in Intervelometer - timelapse, Built in muiti Exposure.

iAuto from Panasonic with Hand Held Low Light mode for photo stacking.

Controlled with a remote app.

Basically the best of all the superzooms in one, but with a few new but build-able ideas.

I would pay $2000 - $2500 right now for this camera.

-- hide signature --
 phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Olympus Stylus SP-100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow