Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,441Gear list
Like?
Re: Good Question...
In reply to rogerstpierre, 8 months ago

rogerstpierre wrote:

If you show me an image I think: Compositon, Technique, Balance, Mass, Lights, Darks etc. and when I show the same images to a non-photographers they think: Who, What, Where and sometimes When.

But before all of that isn't there a first impression. Don't you almost instantly like or not like the photo?

When you see a member of the opposite sex walking down the street you immediately decide if they are attractive... Much more is needed before you decide to marry them, but there is that first impression.

As a photographer, I think, why ruin a great photograph by sticking two faces in the middle, I know I whas there... I took it !

I agree, but there is value to showing your friends that you were actually there and didn't send them a photo you downloaded off the web somewhere.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow