X Pro 1--working life estimate, opinion.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lighttripper
Contributing MemberPosts: 677
Like?
X Pro 1--working life estimate, opinion.
11 months ago

Bought a used Fuji X Pro 1 on Ebay and received a very clean, nearly-new looking body with unblemished finish--and fully operational with a clean sensor.  Represented during the sale as Mint (and declared used just once), it appears, from looking at the file numbers on a new SD cards I've used, that it has had 9400 exposures.

I know this isn't mint (excellent, yes) and that the camera has not been properly represented--and I have the option of returning it due to my asking the buyer for an explanation--but the purchase price was just under $800.00. Plus it has an extra battery and screen saver (worth $40.00?)  So...what is the opinion of the forum as to future operational life?  Not much is moving internally to wear out (shutters are in the lenses) and the camera appears to have been well cared for.

Granted, I can be a sucker sometimes, but I don't want an unhappy purchase surprise to prejudice my decision on the real worth of the camera.  Is it good for another 10,000 shots--for starters?

Anyone want to comment as to the number of shots they've taken with their Pro 1's.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow