Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 3,120Gear list
Like?
Re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ...
In reply to socode, 11 months ago

socode wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

I have the feeling that you are trying to draw me into a protracted argument by pretending that my position is somehow inconsistent. Sorry, it isn't and I'm not biting on the argument so I guess I will end it here

Let's do that, because really everyone is out to get you, and it's just impossible that someone could disagree with you, and doesn't see a need to immediately sell everything because of the styling of new E mount cameras.

I'm glad you are happy with the situation that NEX users find themselves in, but I find that sentiment very strange and I suspect that you are in the minority

I don't really understand what dire situation you think NEX users are in, and I can't say why you find it significant that the NEX-5 replacement is called A5000. But carry on suspecting all you like.

Take care.

Don't worry about our dear paranoid friend pp. About a dozen different people have told him the same thing but he still believes he's right and the whole world is wrong.

The clearest division of the camera categories I can find is on the Sony UK site. They have merged A and E mount cameras, splitting them into 3 categories:

Casual shooting - NEX-5T, A3000, A5000, A58, A65 (A65 surprised me but whatever)

Advanced amateur - NEX-6, NEX-7 and A77

Expert capability - A7, A7R, A99

So I'll hazard a guess that the A7000 number will actually be reserved for the 5T replacement. Sony have said at their blogs that the A5000 is not a 5 replacement, but a 3 replacement.

I think the NEX-6 and 7 replacements will actually be numbered A5 / A5R. Just my guess.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow