The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Bill Robb
Senior MemberPosts: 3,332
Like?
Re: The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....
In reply to sgtsween, 6 months ago

sgtsween wrote:

The XT-1 is basically what I would love to see Pentax do. Mirrorless with an excellent EVF. APS-C would be just fine but FF would be even better.

Right out of the gate, you are operating from a wrong premise. Fron what I have been able to glean, the XT-1 uses the same finder viewscreen as the Olympus OM-D.

This is NOT and excellent viewfinder, it is merely the best that EVF has been able to muster to date.

Dog breath is dog breath, though some dog breath is less offensive than other dog breath.

I keep telling myself to wait and see what Pentax comes out with this year. Am I in for a good surprise or am I missing the Fuji boat?

I bought at X-Pro1 last year because I wanted to have a fast standard lens and Pentax has yet to make one. I quite like it, the optical finder is good provided you can make the leap of faith that is required with the auto focus, the EVF pretty much Hoovers. The lenses do make up for it, they are every bit as good as the Pentax lenses with the exception of flare control, where pentax still has a slight edge.

For reference I have a K-5, K-01, Q, AND Fuji X100. I love Pentax, and feel like waiting to see what is in store this year but the XT-1 is darn near perfect.

Thoughts? Friendly advice or rumors of what this year may bring for Pentaxians?

If you can stomach the EVF, it looks like a nice camera. I like the extra resolution that the K3 brings to the table. I have an XT-1 on the way for a try out, I'll give it a fair chance, but I bet I wait for at least one more generation of improvement in EVF technology, which may also put Fuji into 25mp territory.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow