Starting a business specializing in portraiture

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Graham Snook
Senior MemberPosts: 1,896Gear list
Like?
Re: Starting a business specializing in portraiture
In reply to senduran, 11 months ago

senduran wrote:

In the UK you can use photos of people for commercial gain without their permission.

Sorry this is incorrect. You can sell the images for editorial use, but not use a person's identity to advertise or promote a product or use their identity in a derogatory manner without their permission.

Imagine I was a vegan and you took my photograph in a public place and used my identity to sell steak, or my child had been killed by a drunk driver and you were to use my identity to promote alcohol both without my permission or consent.

I, as an individual, have the right for my identity not to be used in a derogatory manner. You can't for example take my photograph on the street then use it in a publication to illustrate an article about sex offenders.

-- hide signature --

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Always give the client a vertical-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Blog/news/tips from a professional yachting photographer http://grahamsnook.com/news

Graham Snook's gear list:Graham Snook's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow