ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Skull Bones
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
70D user... need clarification with speedlites
7 months ago

Newbie to the forum here.

Love the 70D so far.  And as my passion to get into different kinds of photography (today, I mainly shoot sports), the use of speedlites are fascinating.  I need some direction...

Scenario:  Indoor shoot.  Prime lens 1.4-2.8.  I want to use an external flash NOT on the camera but to the left or right of the subject (speedlite with umbrella).  All the while not projecting light from the straight camera angle on top of the camera.  Kind of like those B&W bourdoir shots with wonderful shadows.

Can I use the 70D as the trigger to the speedlite WITHOUT using some sort of external trigger or transmitter (not optical but radio frequency) or having the flash up and go off to trigger (optically)?  Does the 70D have this functionality to do on it's own?

So... I shoot, on camera flash doesn't pop up to trigger, but, the 70D will make the speedlite flash that is 15 feet away using RF?

Thanks in advance!!

Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow