Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mister0
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
FUJI XT-1 or Nikon D7100
7 months ago

I know this is a fuji forum, but I have to see if I can get some answers.

I was at B&H yesterday and played around with the xe-2 just to get a feel for what the XT might be somewhat similar to.. I took shots of the people in the store as they walked by, focus seemed decent, people moving by , standing still. etc…  I thought "okay this isn't too bad"

Then I switched over to the NIkon counter and tried the same with the D7100

because thats the other camera I'm considering for purchase ( I shoot kids/pets and family portraits mostly)

I have to say, I was stunned at the difference. The D7100 was basically INSTANT rapid focus  No delay, lag.It really was eye opening to see the difference.. It was in a whole bother league..  I believe both cameras were set to "auto"

I like the compact size and the possibilities of the FUJI xt, the IQ and the lenses but the apparent difference in focus speed really made me think.  I don't like walking around with a big bulky camera and lens any more but I also don't want to sacrifice speed to that degree.

Are we fooling ourselves in thinking that mirrorless cameras can even come close to high end DSLR focus ability?

I also own the OMD em-5..Love it but also find that focusing on moving objects are just not its strong point.

THoughts?

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow