Another Olympus E-M1 and SONY a7 walkabout test, high ISO

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,159Gear list
Like?
Re: He'll never learn
In reply to Lab D, 9 months ago

Lab D wrote:

The service that DxO provides for sensors is that you can look at the graphs and determine how a sensor will perform at a given ISO. Since some systems have slower zoom lenses, you can also compare while adjusting for the differences between lens apertures by look at different ISOs.

So, when you look at the A7/A7R and the E-M1 for ISO1600, you can easily see the difference in DR is about 1/2 stop. The "overall" score is obviously not helpful here and if anything is wrong for that situation. Now if you want to compare the cameras with their fastest available native zooms, you can read the E-M1 line at ISO800 and compare to the A7 at ISO1600. Again this is far more accurate than trying to use those overall scores.

It frustrates me when newbies only look at the overall DxO scores and don’t understand what they mean. What is worse is when they don’t look at the actual findings which better represent reality and all the specific situations you may run into.

Your frustration is loud and clear.

Also, many of your posts frustrate others, but I guess that that does not count....

We know that some here don’t want to know the truth and have other motives.

btw, you are right. When people mention "equivalence" they ar talking about using the same DoF. When you do that these days the smaller sensor wins for SNR and other measurements. As long as the smaller sensor can give you the shallow DoF you want, it will perform better than the larger one IMHO.

It is simply to hard to have a conversation with you, you constantly keep bringing up different points and changing topics.

Heck, I even agree with the last sentence you wrote, nothing wrong with it. But I don't know how to construct a constructive dialogue with you

Peace

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow