a lot of pressure on Sony now ...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tharwan
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ...
In reply to miro3, 6 months ago

I think Sony has some easy measures to decide what the new top of the line APS-C camera should look like:

• it has to differentiate it self from the A7(R) and not eat up it sales
  • they have sales numbers of cameras with hump and without one
  • they have sales numbers of high quality NEX 7 and lower quality NEX 6

On top of that I bet they have a lot of feedback, the question is if they are going to listen to it.

I bet they also test out the cameras of their competitors, the question is if this has/had an influence in the design process. I think it would be foolish to assume Sony does not know that Fuji‘s AF was catching up via a lot of firmware updates and now has overtaken (http://www.fujirumors.com/first-look-fujifilm-x-t1/ - the tracking results are just impressive). But most of the things that Sony does seam to be driven from what they think is a good idea not what the competition does, very much like Apple.

The info here suggests that the NEX 6 was selling better than the 7 together with the rumored price on SAR (800€) one would guess the NEX 6/7 successor is more a 6 than a 7.

Sony now also has a lot of info if "we" prefer high resolution R models or the "normal" ones A7(R), R1x(R) so they can decide weather to put 16+ or 24+ MP in the new camera. My guess would be 20 like in the A3000 but that is just a guess. Maybe Sony thinks the two version model thing is good and will give us two versions, but till now we did not hear anything in this regard on SAR.

A new menu systems seams to be given since the A5000 got one. Sony did a lot of experimentation with the button and wheel layout and recently it seams like what they did on the RX1 is the winning concept (A7(R) + RX10 now also have it). The problem might be though that the launch of the A7 and RX10 was to recently to have any influence on the new Alpha.

For me it is also very interesting to see if they will include weather sealing, since Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Samsung and now Fuji have a weather sealed mirrorless. And Sony got one two with the A7. So will this feature come down to the new camera? They also sealed the RX10 and have a lot of sealed smartphones and tablets so I believe the chances are good.

Well lots of text not much to say…

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow