Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ultradan
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Can someone clarify A1 servo for me.
3 months ago

Ok so I shoot off an Eos 1Dmk2, love it - very fast and built like a tank, I use it in my water housing for water shots.

I usually shoot using the centre focus point only in A1 Servo mode on high fire (8.5fps)

Can someone clarify what would happen if I left the focus points round the edge of the focus point array in the viewfinder (basically no focus point selected) - where would it focus?

Also with tracking I have heard a lot of articles say things like " as long as you can drop a focus point on the object" - does this mean as long as any un-selected focus point hits the object or does it mean you have to have a selected i.e illuminated red focus point on the object before it will start to track.

Sorry to sound like a thicko - I have taken some ok shots of moving objects so I have no real issues with what I am currently doing, I'm asking as I will be moving to a mark 3 or 4 at some point and want to have a good grip of how to best use A1 servo so I can fully utilise the camera.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

http://500px.com/Dan_Hunter

ANSWER:
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow