Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?
In reply to Lumixdude, 11 months ago

And you get there eventually, you just have to chose a starting point. The good thing with E mount is that there isn't so many options to begin with. µ4/3 has a nice crop factor though...

Only if you value reach more than you value going wide. With the latter, smaller the sensor, higher the crop factor the more limited your options will be. This is why I prefer APSc, a good compromise.

I use 200mm f/2.8 as my telephoto lens on my NEX-6 (the best compromise of size, weight, AF speed, lens speed and reach). That is an E-mount advantage. It works like a 300mm lens and excellent for low light action photography.

But at the same time, I miss FF everytime I use one of my favorite lenses: Sony 135mm f/2.8 STF. It becomes a 200mm equiv lens, which makes it less useful as a portrait lens.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow