Do You Use the Neck Strap?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron
Senior MemberPosts: 1,849Gear list
Like?
Re: Do You Use the Neck Strap?
In reply to IGotShot, 9 months ago

IGotShot wrote:

Do you guys use the neck strap that came with the camera?

To me it's always a pain in the ass but saves the camera from being dropped. Also, having a strap seems touristy

Seriously though, I use a wrist strap mostly and in combination with a holster bag for the G6 and an Opt-tech sling strap otherwise so that a camera is to my side or back.

I have recently re-fitted the original neck strap to the little X20 though, partly because it feels too small to use the Opt-Tech sling and has no real finger grip to carry by my fingers to my side, unlike the A57 and G6's. Mostly use the X20 with the strap wrapped a few times around my wrist, but it is there for when it is more convenient to have two hands free.

The G6 is light enough to carry by my right hand's fingertips at my side with the wrist strap as insurance, all day long, although if not being used for long periods I can stick it in the holster [a Tamrac] which is a snug fit. This holds the camera lens down with the hood attached.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix S32 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow