D800 Autofocus issues II

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,133Gear list
Like?
Well, a little good news
In reply to primeshooter, 10 months ago

I received a new D800e from B & H this morning and went straight to the LensAlign.  Needs less adjustment than my other body.

Set a handful of lenses and went to three charts on the wall, delay, remote, lockup, heavy tripod, good target, cold beer, usual testing stuff.  Boy testing is boring.  If that's not close enough then I'm probably not good enough to see the difference anyway.

They only give you 200 actuations to be able to return it, so I felt it was something I need to do.   The fastest lens I had on hand was a 50mm f1.8, which is somewhat longer and slower than what would be ideal for the Left/Right focus testing thing, but I can report that I was unable to detect any noticeable left/right focus issue with it.  Did a half a$$ed test with three other lenses that I actually shoot photographs with and called it good.

From my point of view, if I couldn't detect it easily then the hell with it.   And I'm going out in the beautiful sun today to make photos of real stuff instead of pieces of paper.   I mostly focus and recompose anyway.    Life's too short.

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow