carl english
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,762Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I go RAW only?...
In reply to richardplondon, 6 months ago

richardplondon wrote:

jonrobertp wrote:

IGotShot wrote:

I've been shooting RAW+JPEG and now after seeing the ability of the Adobe RAW converter, I'm considering whether to just shoot RAW. What do you guys think?

No, shoot jpg only. Then you can be happy !

I am unhappy with the JPG engine in my camera, and I don't want to buy a different one because (besides the cost), I love both the body and the lenses which fit it, in all other respects.

On the other hand, I am very happy with the Raw data it produces, and find the process of building output from that, both productive and rewarding.

Clearly, according to your post, I must be deeply confused. Do I need to seek psychological help?

No you don't need help, try this, get any modern digital camera switch on (Must do this) point at subject and press shutter button you can repeat this many times, take card to processor or print your own, if you are delighted with results, be happy, you could then check whether or not you were in raw or jpeg mode. At this moment in time most of the best images out there are jpeg and I see no reason why this will change as image quality is improving all the time.

carl english's gear list:carl english's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow