Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,421Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?
In reply to Lumixdude, 7 months ago

Yes I know how much that kit weighs, I also know I've got a lot of assumptions in my head which is another reason why I'm not just gonna go out and buy that kit even if I could right now... I'm at the point with all of this where I just want to see what's up with a larger sensor camera and work from there with a midpoint option, I can build on... that to me is either a MILC or a µ4/3 option at this point. Either way I go it gives me something to build on... If I do decide to stay with an E mount kit I can get some A mount lenses down the track, if I went with a µ4/3 kit I'd have a good set of options as well.

This is where I'm at right now with being able to pick up an NEX kit for not much and see whether I do actually want to stay with it or not. I know exactly what you're saying which is why I'm in the position right now where I'm not just going to go out and spend $5000 on a kit. This is exactly why it comes across as frustrating to onlookers regarding where I'm at with my budget.

Considering where you want to be, you would be exceeding $4k with m43 as well and perhaps still not manage 300mm equiv reach at anything faster than f/5.6.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow