Shutter Shock: My ep5 is bad. Would an em5 do better?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Mr Sincere
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
Some real world examples of shutter shock, and other random thoughts.
In reply to Mr Sincere, 6 months ago

I was kinda hoping this thread would fade off the front page and into obscurity, but since others are bumping it, I might as well too...

Well, I had managed to convince myself to keep the camera, as turning on the short shutter lag option has made a pretty big difference (and, I didn't want to pay a fee to return it, and I otherwise love the camera).

With the short shutter lag option enabled, I'd guestimate that maybe 10% of the shots I'm taking have noticeable signs of shock, and rarely is it bad shock.  If I wasn't looking for it, I wouldn't notice it on most.

Until this morning, when I decided to stop and take some photos of a beautiful sunrise.  Shutter shock wasn't even on my mind at the time.  But of course, I couldn't resist hitting the ol' Z key in Lightroom while reviewing later and, ugh, there it was, clear as day, on 2 of the 10.  One of which had my favorite framing of the series.  What a bummer that was.

Honestly, at typical screen viewing size nobody would ever notice, so I shouldn't worry about it.  But still... it bugs me.  I see the blur now, even at normal viewing sizes.

Mr Sincere's gear list:Mr Sincere's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 G1 X II Nikon D90 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow